At the Thompson's Station Farmer's Market, we work to create and cultivate community with every decision, every vendor and every opportunity. Part of that is operating like a family unit, which we wouldn't be able to do without our staff. This week, we're introducing you to Valerie. Here's your chance to get to know her.
1. What do you actually "do" for the market?
VALERIE: I manage the TSFM operations including staff assignments, vendor load/unload, vendor needs, HM Cafe, and guest relations. I also manage the physical space at the TSFM, to keep it clean, organized and attractive to our vendors & guests.
2. Have you always wanted to be involved with farmers markets?
VALERIE: I have been a customer mostly, but see the value in shopping at the source over retail. I'm a Fan!
3. What's your favorite thing about our market?
VALERIE: The food, venue & guests that I get to meet that are new to area. So much growth- ️ plus the excitement of the community!
4. If you could dream up one thing (any one thing) to see at the TSFM in the next 5 years, what would it be?
VALERIE: The TSFM community learning, working, and teaching others about how important the food we eat and it's sources are on the next generation. I think "local" should be more than a "cool" choice. I want to see people demanding their food be clean, healthy and delicious- without compromise!
5. What's one fun fact about you that some people may not know?
VALERIE: I secretly want to be a stand up comedian.
Check back every week as we share more from the team that runs this